The Cyber Essentials Certification is the first level of the Cyber Essentials scheme. Gaining this certificate allows your organisation to demonstrate that core security practices that are aligned to industry good practice are in place.
To gain the Cyber Essentials Certification requires the satisfactory completion of a self-assessment questionnaire. You should provide evidence to support your answers. This may include relevant policies, screenshots of applied controls, such as Anti-Virus, and network diagrams.
To download a copy of our self-assessment questionnaire for single employee companies, please click here.
To download a copy of our self-assessment questionnaire for all other businesses, please click here.
The process for gaining Cyber Essentials Certification is as follows:
- Download and complete the self-assessement questionnaire.
- Arrange with the 7 Elements team to return an encrypted copy of the completed self-assessement questionnaire and where applicable supporting evidence.
- On receipt of the completed questionnaire one of our qualified assessors will verify your responses against the Cyber Essentials Scheme. If we require further information our assessor will contact you.
- Once our assessor is satisfied that your questionnaire meets the required standard we will pass your information onto our accreditation body who will issue you with a Cyber Essentials certificate.
- Where a questionnaire does not meet the required standard, 7 Elements will inform you of the outcome.
Please contact us to discuss your Cyber Essentials requirements in more detail.