- Contact Us
- About Us
Independent Information Security Consultancy
Careers | 7 Elements
7 Elements is different from other consultancies, we aim to improve the way the industry approaches information security and to make a real difference. We deliver high quality technical testing that enables our clients to receive the assurance they need.
We take pride in our approach to customer service and have built an excellent reputation in the delivery of innovative and pragmatic security testing. We deliver a wide variety of engagements and therefore there is always something new to get involved with. Our clients cover multiple business sectors, from small niche providers to large multinational blue-chip organisations and we treat all of them with the same level of dedication.
Exceptional customer service and delivering high quality products and services every time are central to the way in which we work. Our staff use their technical knowledge to tailor each engagement to the client.s needs and are able to translate technical issues into clear business related impact.
If you share our vision and passion for security we would like to hear from you. We are currently looking for experienced security testers who are technical 'geeks', have a passion for security, but also have that something extra - wanting to make a difference. You will be experienced within the delivery of manual based security testing and combined with your problem solving abilities, the output from a range of tools and knowledge of networking and systems, be capable of finding vulnerabilities that would or could not be identified by automated tools.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
Deep understanding of technical vulnerabilities: Ability to identify vulnerabilities through systematic and innovative testing. Have the ability to understand the consequence and relative importance of findings within the context of the system under test and understand the broader threat environment.
- Proven history in the delivery of manual penetration testing (Application and Infrastructure).
- A solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Extensive knowledge in the testing of Web-based applications.
- Competent with programming in at least one of the following Ruby, PHP, Java, Python, C/C++, .NET.
- Delivery of security build reviews for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Red Hat, Solaris).
- Deep knowledge of databases, including security considerations and database hardening techniques.
In return we provide all of our staff:
- Dedicated Time For Research and Training - A minimum of three days each month to work on research and personal training. If you have an innovative / interesting research idea then we will support the required effort to deliver.
- No Sales / Delivery Targets - We don't have sales or delivery targets at 7 Elements. It is not about selling days, but delivering what the client requires.
- Work-Life Balance - We believe strongly in a work-life balance, as such all of our staff get 30 days annual leave.
- Development - We take great pride in providing on-going tailored support and development for our team. You can expect to receive individual training plans as well as attendance at conferences throughout each year.
Because of the nature of the role you must be able and willing to undergo security clearance to SC level and be willing to travel as required to sites within the UK and potentially globally. Normal working practice will be Monday - Friday during normal business hours, however due to the client focused role, weekend and out of hours working may be required.To Apply
Closing date for this role is the 1st February 2013.
For further information or to apply then please send your CV to email@example.com.
7 Elements does not accept agency CVs and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Get in touch
+44 (0)1506 830 829